Info on this product category: Toner Cartridges
Criteria for Toner Cartridges
Remanufactured toner cartridges must be fully remanufactured to specifications equal to, or exceeding original equipment manufacturer's (OEM) cartridge standards of quality and performance and approved remanufactured toner cartridge industry standards. Toner cartridges shall meet or exceed the latest remanufactured toner cartridge standards, or the guidelines adopted by the Standardized Test Methods Committee (STMC), the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and the International Safe Transit Association (ISTA). Vendor shall certify in the bid proposal that all of its remanufactured toner cartridges have been tested in accordance with the below standards and guidelines and that its cartridges have met or exceeded those tests including:
- ASTM F 1856
- ASTM F 335
- F 2036
- ISTA-Integrity Procedure 1A (ISTA 1A)
The Vendor shall certify by a third-party that its remanufactured toner cartridges meet or exceed the above standards.
The remanufacturing process must include, at a minimum, the following:
- Assessment to determine if the toner cartridge can be remanufactured.
- Complete disassembly of toner cartridge to thoroughly clean and check all internal and external components against the original manufacturer's specifications. The new cartridge shall have a new optical photo-conductive (OPC) drum with a minimum 30,000 page lifespan.
- Worn damaged and end of life-cycle components shall be replaced.
- Replacement of the original OEM drum with a new drum (which may include an extended life-drum). If the returned toner cartridge is equipped with an extended-life drum, vendor shall inspect it, clean it, or replace it with a new extended-life drum or new after market drum.
- Replacement of all seals with an OEM-type heat seal, card seal, or pressure sensitive seal.
- Replacement of the primary charge roller (PCR) with a re-coated or new PCR.
- Replacement of wiper blade meeting OEM specifications or the latest remanufactured toner cartridge industry standards adopted by the STMC or the latest guidelines adopted by ASTM for remanufactured toner cartridges.
- Replacement of any parts not meeting OEM specifications or the latest remanufactured toner cartridge industry standards adopted by the STMC or the latest guidelines adopted by ASTM for remanufactured toner cartridges.
- Filling of toner cartridge meeting OEM specifications or the latest remanufactured toner cartridge industry standards adopted by the STMC or the latest guidelines adopted by ASTM for remanufactured toner cartridges.
- Chemically cleaning or replacing the corona wire assembly (where applicable).
- One fuser wand (where applicable) with high temperature resistant felt wiper and one cotton swab shall be provided with each toner cartridge.
- The hopper shall be filled to capacity with new toner meeting or exceeding OEM standards. Vendor shall indicate in this bid the original manufacturer and part number of toner supplied.
- A toner hopper seal or separator meeting or exceeding OEM standards shall be inserted to prevent spillage of toner during shipping.
- The Vendor shall furnish documentation with this bid indicating the current and expected failure rate of toner cartridges supplied under this contract.